Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Academic / Research
Clinical Pharmacology and Gene
Provide support for social, economic or health related research; assist in investigating, gathering, assessing, and clarifying data; record and distribute information; assist in general laboratory maintenance and inventory control, with occasional guidance.
* Collect, organize, and evaluate data from a variety of reference sources
* Develop and document reports and analyses summarizing progress, trends, and conclusions
* Assist in modification and coordination of research procedures and techniques
* Recruit and/or interview study participants and develop forms and questionnaires that will collect the appropriate data from participants
* Create database files, maintain records and assist in the preparation of materials for publication.
* Edit and/or type manuscripts according to accepted practices
* Create informational materials related to research/study for dissemination to study participants, researchers, community
* Make presentation of study concepts in group session
* Supervise, plan and assign worker, of the Research Analyst I, technical support staff and student assistants.
* May assist in space and facilities planning. Manage inventory of supplies and equipment.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Data Collection (Novice): Able to clearly define the goals and objectives of the data collection task. Demonstrates the ability to collect data critical to the preparation of proposals, the accomplishment of interviews, and client, vendor and team requirements. Successfully performs a basic data collection process within the context of assignments. Helps prepare surveys and questionnaires. Has conducted simple face-to-face and/or telephone interview surveys.
* Clinical Research (Novice): Can research problems that span several areas of the department. Develops and writes basic trial protocols. Knows what information is available in the company. Designs data collection forms. Has developed networking skills which assist in researching issues.
* Analysis (Novice): Capable of reducing quantitative and conceptual problems and situations to basic elements and parts, then classifying, evaluating, and drawing conclusions. Demonstrates the ability to sift through data to determine its most significant elements. Able to turn discrete data into meaningful and valuable information which contributes to the successful completion of job assignments. Clearly recognizes cause and effect relationships.
Our Academic Enterprise is one of the nation's longest serving and most prestigious academic medical centers. Through its historic bond with Vanderbilt University and integral role in the School of Medicine, Vanderbilt Health cultivates distinguished research and educational programs to advance a clinical enterprise that provides compassionate and personalized care and support for millions of patients and family members each year.
World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.
Aligning with Vanderbilt Health's Strategic Directions, the Office of Research provides shared research resources, administrative expertise and professional guidance to enable the trans-disciplinary environment and highly collaborative culture that advances discovery and training for all the research faculty, trainees, students and staff.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Work Experience :
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.